2022 Rules and how it works !!!
- NO CHEATERS, ONLY HONEST HUNTERS WELCOME, CHEATERS WILL BE PROSECUTED.
- MUST FOLLOW D.E.C. HUNTING RULES AND REGULATIONS. YOU WILL GET CAUGHT.
- Muzzleloader Bucks will be entered in Rut Madness Challenge. We will have also have Largest Muzzleloader Buck Prize Date of Rule Change 9/30/14
- X Bows will be included Archery and Rut Madness Challenge Date of Rule Change 9/30/14
- Eligible hunters must be signed in by 9pm September 30th 2021 for archery and 9pm November 13th 2021 for gun.
- Deer must be whitetail buck, killed during general hunting season and hunting season hours.
- Buck killed within a deer-proof fence or any other confined area are not eligible to enter contest.
- Deer must be killed during season dates.
- Must Kill Deer in New York. Date of Rule Change 1/10/2010
- Inside Spread (to the nearest 1/8 inch) cannot be larger the longest beam length. Date of Rule Change 9/22/2013
- You may only enter one buck during each of the seasons.
- Bucks must be properly tagged according to New York State Law when brought in for measurement.
- Hunter must present valid NY State hunting license upon measurement.
- Your Measurement must be submitted within 12 hours of kill. If killed on last date of season measurement must be before 9 pm that day.
- This year every 2022 HuntinWNY.com Club Member will be automatically entered in this contest.
- Each Member will be put into a pool and we will draw four man teams out of a Hat
- Each Team Member can enter two bucks. Archery,Gun or Muzzle Loader how ever they fall.
- Each Team will be made up of four hunter you may have never met all from the New York area
- The team drawing will take place the night before bow season September 30th 2022
- September 30th 2022 at 11pm your four man team will be posted @ www.huntingwny.com for you to view.
- The team with the most antler inches will win the grand prize package
- Remember this is a free contest to all 2022 Paid HuntingWNY Members
- All Rules Apply
- No Cheater allowed
- You must have a valid NY State Hunting License
- Buck from other state can not be entered
- Follow all New York State DEC Laws
Official Boone and Crockett Scoring System
We will be using Boone and Crockett Scoring System This year !!!!
- No point will be counted that is less than 1 inch.
- All measurement be rounded to the nearest 1/8 inch.
- Any broken point which measure less than 1 inch will not be counted in Tine Length Sawed off horn will not be measured.
- Official measurer has the last say.
- Any Shed Antler will not be scored
- Any hunter found trying to cheat will automatically be disqualified.
- In case of a tie breaker we will us left side circumference to determine Winner.
ALL DECISIONS OF THE CONTEST COMMITTEE ARE FINAL.